Thursday, October 22, 2015

Stop the Treadmill, I Want to Get Off!

Do you ever feel like you're on a treadmill and someone keeps upping the speed and you can't seem to slow it down and you can't get off the damn thing, either? That's where I am right now, running as fast as my little legs can go, desperately trying not to fall off.

September, and so far, October have been insanely busy, and November isn't looking much better. And don't mention holiday shopping! Hubby and I have a non-profit foundation (in addition to my day job and this writing gig), and September included a historical fashion show fundraiser. Two weeks later I had a surprise birthday bash for Hubby. Last Saturday we had a new event for us, the Halloweener Derby, and this weekend we host our 10th annual sports camp for kids with cancer. Next weekend is Hubby's big Rotary Club fundraiser. In the meantime, I received my revisions from my editor for Dreams of Her Own.

And did I mention I have a day job?

Some days it's all I can do to hold onto the treadmill hand rails while the belt goes round and round at ever increasing speeds.

There is a glimmer of hope on the horizon, however. I have a couple of work holidays coming in the next two weeks, and I think I might just tack on some vacation days. Hang out at home with Hubby, sleep in, maybe catch a movie. Nothing big. Nothing fancy. Just a little down time.

If I survive 'til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment