Thursday, July 30, 2015

RWA Wrap Up

The Romance Writers of America (RWA) National Conference in New York City ended this past Saturday, and my head is still spinning. So much great information, so many things to add to my to-do list, and so many new story ideas.

World Trade Center
The conference began with a little family time. On Tuesday and Wednesday, I got to hang out with my nephew and his beautiful wife who live in Queens. On Wednesday, I spent a solemn morning at the September 11th Memorial then headed up to Chelsea to walk the beautiful High Line from beginning to end.

High Line



On Thursday, the conference began in earnest, and I had my first fan-girl moment when I spied Jill Shelves having breakfast two tables over. Following an awesome session with Nora Roberts, I had several more fan-girl moments. Like when I saw first Jodi Thomas, then Jayne Ann Krentz, followed by Kristan Higgins and Julie James. Only at RWA can you see the rockstars of romance up close and personal, and they don't even call security.

Nora Roberts (left) and Kristan Higgins (far right)

I capped off the fun-filled week with a fabulous dinner at The View, New York City's only revolving restaurant, followed by the RITA and Golden Heart Award Ceremony – the Oscars of the romance writing world.

The Chrysler Building (left) not to be confused with my dessert (right).
Now it's time to put all that new-found knowledge to work and start the next book, Romancing Dr. Love. Sigh. Until next year . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment