Thursday, August 13, 2015

Romance Awareness Month - It's the Little Things That Count

In honor of Romance Awareness Month, I’m blogging about ways to add a little romance back into
your life. Last week, I talked about the little things that show you care. I thought I'd continue that topic today.

We often think in grand gestures when we want to show our significant other how much they mean to us. Grand gestures are wonderful, but it’s the daily gestures that show you care. Here are five ways to make the little things count.

1. Give a gift just because. It doesn’t have to be a diamond necklace. It can be a jar of bath salts for her, or a cool gizmo for him. You might even see something among the impulse items at the register. Was he complaining the other night about never having a flashlight handy when he needed one? Grab one of those super-bright LED flashlight key chains. She loves to cook and always complains about not having the right food processor attachment. Pick one up for her. 

My husband loves peanut butter more than life itself. He could eat it every day if I let him. We love the all-natural peanut butter, but the oil separates from the peanut butter, and it’s hard to mix it up. I came across a really cool Peanut Butter Hand Crank Mixer in a cooking magazine, so I ordered it and gave it to him as a gift-for-no-reason. He loved it and thanked me for my thoughtfulness.

2. Guys, encourage a girls’ weekend away, or even a girls’ shopping day, and when she comes home surprise her with a clean house. You’d get lucky that night for sure! 

3. Girls, suggest a poker party for him and his buddies, then make gourmet subs or pizzas for the party. Bonus: after you feed the guys, you can go indulge in a hot bubble bath and a glass of wine for a little me time.

4. Ask your significant other how their day went, then stop what you’re doing and actively listen. Ask questions, offer suggestions, and just generally show you’re interested. 

5. Offer to give a foot or shoulder and neck massage. Guys, you see where this is going, right?

What little things do you do to show that special someone you care?

Don't forget to check my Facebook page for this week's giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment